Ingredients Serves 4
- 0.2g Mahbir Saffron
- 2 chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1 small onion finely sliced
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 plain naan breads
- 1 small bag of salad leaves
- Â½ cup pomegranate kernels
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 tbsp sumac
- 1 tsp salt
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Dietary information: contains gluten, fish and tree nuts
Nutrition information per person: 628kcal; protein: 24g; fat: 11g; fibre: 8.3g; salt: 0.1g
- 1Heat the oven to 200Â°C/180Â°C fan/gas 6.
- 2Infuse the saffron strands in half cup of warm water for about 10 minutes.
- 3 Combine the onion, yoghurt, oil , lemon juice, liquid saffron, salt and black pepper into a bowl.
- 4 Pour it over the chicken cubes and keep in the fridge for minimum 7 hours (preferably overnight).
- 5 Place the cubes on to metal skewers and grill for 15-20 mins, turn the chicken in-between. You can also bake the chicken in the oven, but grilling would be better.
- 6 Mix in the yoghurt, garlic, sumac and salt until fully combined.
- 7 Heat the naan, and spread a layer of the sumac yoghurt onto it. Top with salad leaves, chicken and pomegranate.